Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Health & Well-Being > Physical Health

Old June 24th, 2003, 02:39 AM   #1
p.i.t.a.
PrincessPita

Question Anyone suffering with Fibromyalgia?

Why are these discussion boards so dead? Gosh, I wish there were a way to get these up and going!
Pita
p.i.t.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #2
DLC55
You owe me for this!

Hi p.i.t.a

We have a few folks who have fibromyalgia. I don't see them on the boards much but they do go into our chatrooms. Usually latenight/early mornings. Maybe they'll see these posts and come on in!
DLC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2003, 04:05 PM   #3
wolves0151

Yes, I have Lupus, Sjogren's syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Willing to talk to you.
wolves0151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #4
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

That's nice of you Wolves 0151. I hope p.i.t.a returns to see your post. I have scleroderma (CREST) and know a lot about the others that you mentioned. I get most of my information on the web, because, as I'm sure you know, it's hard to find doctors who know a lot about these diseases.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:07 PM   #5
huee

my mom has fibromyalgia. i admit it's not something i know a whole lot about but i would like to learn more so i have a better understanding of what she's going thru. it's been frustrating for me b/c i'm a very physically healthy person & sometimes i tend to think that she's just being weak and not trying hard enough. i have to remember that she has good days and bad days. i know one thing that has helped us bond a little bit is that we both have taken up yoga - we came to it separately, but it definitely gives us something positive to talk about!
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:59 PM   #6
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Good for your mom, huee. I've got the magazines, the tape, AND the mat.....now I just need to actually begin to use them.

It's also commendable that you want to know more about her fibromyalgia. It means a lot when family and friends are understanding....and patient. It's frustrating enough to have those bad days, without being made to feel guilty about it.
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #7
Jestergirl

Fibromyalgia is an old enemy of mine

I have this fibromyalgia and i want it gone, don't know how to get rid of it and it is ruling my life. it make my boyfriend sad and my kids too. i sleep to get away from the pain and when i am awake i feel so tired that i just want to sleep. i just want to feel good just one day. people look at you and say you look fine get to work, i would love to go to work and get out of the house and do something but as much pain as i am in i do good get up out of bed and making my son breakfest. doctors say take lots of pills, which help to little for the side effects which happens to be making me very tired. well i rant enough i will check in again later. thank you for listening
Jestergirl
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #8
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Jestergirl, it's great to have you here but I wonder if you've looked for message boards specifically discussing fibromyalgia. It helps to hear that other people feel as you do. Best of luck to you. It is very difficult, I'm sure to feel so bad and have others not understand.
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #9
brede
my new motorcycle

I have fibromyalgia, too. I found some good websites today and I will try to post them here tomorrow.
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:28 AM   #10
angeld

Talking fibromyalgia

HI,
I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA AND WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO OTHERS ABOUT IT.IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE ?
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #11
brede
my new motorcycle

I do and it is really acting up today. I'll be happy to talk to you. What is your doctor doing for you?
Old May 30th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #12
NWMUSLIMAH
RETURNING ROOMIE

i have killer fibro and interstitial cystitis (bladder disease) its awful. i just started working again and omg it makes me hurt. I have a hip injury and i have honestly forgotten what it feels like to NOT hurt.
Old May 30th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #13
LiamFan!

I'm sorry to hear about your illness(es), NW. I hope you will get some support here on the boards.

I *did* want to say, though...I love your signature!
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #14
brede
my new motorcycle

I will try to be here to support those who have fibromyalgia. It is an annoying illness at its best. I haven't been able to post lately. When I can post, I will find those links to the good fibro sites. It can be very hard for others to understand that you can no longer preplan your life. You can be fine and an hour later in agony.
Old April 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #15
T Mckenzie

Unhappy I have fibromyalgia and was also DES exposed

Quote:
Originally posted by brede
I have fibromyalgia, too. I found some good websites today and I will try to post them here tomorrow.
I am interested in finding out if other lesbians were exposed to DES and also suffer from fibromyalgia. Please respond if you fall into one or both of these categories. Thanks