Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Games, Jokes & Other Fun Stuff

Old March 17th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #16
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

I think I would have to say my best friend is Tammy. She and I met about 7 years ago. She's there when I need her and I do the same. She's one of those friends who isn't shy about letting me know if I'm messing up or if I'm doing well. I don't think she knows how much i love her. As a matter of fact she's one of the reasons I stay in NY. She told me I couldn't leave until after her and her boyfriend got married! I think the wedding has been pushed back a few times!
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #17
Raine
Southern Belle w/Attitude

My best friend is my fiance (I thought this would sound cheesy, but at least I'm not the only one who named my SO). We were best friends before we ever started dated, and our romantic relationship and time together has just strengthened our friendship. I admire his devotion to me, and his dedication to both his work and to the social causes he believes in. He is not selfish at all, and I actually have to remind him to take time for himself sometimes instead of taking care of everybody else first. He is also a great listener, treats his mother like a queen (and me like a princess), and loves animals (wild & domestic) and children, which are usually signs of a good person. And, he's got this mountain/redneck accent, and a blue eyes little boy smile, which is just cute and make it impossible to get or stay mad at him.
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #18
brede
my new motorcycle

Other than my husband, I would have to say that Splash, my Newfoundland friend, is my best friend. This is an oddity in my life, as I've never really had a close, relationship with female. Being a tomboy who never outgrew it, has not made it easy to have many friends with women. Most of the things that I like to do tend be outside the norm for a lot of women. I am really enjoying our mutual support and friendship.
Old April 16th, 2004, 11:59 AM   #19
kathe nichols

I'm with you, Brede - I've often had a lot of trouble relating to other women. Though I have a number of women friends these days, my "best" friend is a man, my husband's cousin.

He shares my taste for adventure. More than that, he can drag me along on things that aren't *really* risky, but that I may initially evaluate that way. Like, he taught me to ride a motorcycle alone, not just as a passenger.

He always encourages my lighter side, without discounting or ignoring the things I worry about.
Old April 16th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #20
brede
my new motorcycle

Right now, I am a motorcycle passenger. As soon as I regain my core body strength, Gregrr is going to teach me to drive. He has big plans: he is looking for a used one and will fix it up for me. He won't let me drive his brand new 2004 Honda VTX. I tease him about it because, even in my weakened state, I can still hold it up and stop it from tipping!
Old April 16th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #21
kathe nichols

There'd have been no way that I could have ridden Will's big Kawasaki 1500 alone - it's a brute! And I still like being a passenger sometimes.

Other times, we take my car (1985 Mazda RX-7) in search of mountain roads. My husband doesn't mind, because he knows he doesn't want to go on this kind of adventure. Winding roads make him sick, and if he's in the car, *he* drives. Strange for a guy who *likes* aerobatics... I guess we're just wired to get our adrenaline in different ways. So it's great I have Will to play with.
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #22
Savannah
Student of the Earth

My best friend Andrea lives at the other end of the world, we have known each other for many many years ( she used to live in Australia for some time and then went back to Germany).
We lost contact for a while as i have Gypsy blood and kept moving faster than anyone could keep up but found each other again through the net, the timing was incredible as my mum died shortly after and Andrea came all the way to be with me for 2 weeks ( her husband, whom i hadn't met) stayed home with the kids. i can honestly say she is a soul mate, the bond and understanding is incredible.
when i was married i was my husbands best mate, but i found it a bit suffocating myself.
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #23
brede
my new motorcycle

Hubby and I share the same quirky view on life which is nice. And so does Splash, my newfie friend. Gregrr and I have always made it a point to support each other in activities that one or the other finds boring. We also encourage each other to do things that separate us for short periods. My Newfoundland adventure is a good example. Since I became disabled and we were living at 120% of poverty level, my parents have gone out of their way to visit them and travel with them. They paid all the costs. With Gregrr's new job, we are now financially able to pay for our adventures. We are hoping to take them to Europe sometime next year.

The net is really good at helping people find each other. I recently found a friend that I haven't seen in 20 years. Ain't it great!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:49 PM   #24
claudie

my best friend is my sister in law. she is the most free spirited person i know.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:05 PM   #25
brede
my new motorcycle

Free spirited people and artsy types are always fun. Gregor and I always seem to gravitate toward artists and musicians. In my case, having a musician as a father made me appreciate and accept their quirkiness.
Old February 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #26
BabyBoyNames

yah, I believe that...
BabyBoyNames is offline   Reply With Quote