Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old October 29th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #1
DancesAlot

Anyone like to dance just because?

just wondering if there are daily dancers who find dance energizing, introspective, muscle-gizing, and just well, fun?

why is it that i'm able to take movement in all sort of interesting ways by myself, but get shy when others are around?

i learned about the true benefits of creative dance from a few kindred spirits who taught me the importance of self. its also a nice way of exercising without having the necessary motivation to exercise a few miles...
DancesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #2
pegasus
, a gr8 peer support

<cries loudly>cry: gf enjoy iT while u can, for medical reasons i can no longer really dance and i miss it so!! Dance, done correctly, can exercize more muscles than ANY OTHER form of exercize!!! It also exercisizes them correctly
if u ever want tips or ideas let me know pegasus:
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 04:37 PM   #3
Dannie
Lifes A Bitch Then U Die

I wish i knew how to dance lmao i guess i have to learn one day lmao that right i dont have any rythem so that wont work oh well so sad for me i guess lmao
Dannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #4
pegasus
, a gr8 peer support

ahhh danni hun no problem, rythm can be learned, gimme a call sometime and ill help ya lmao ciao bella
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 11:12 PM   #5
Dannie
Lifes A Bitch Then U Die

Haha me dance yeah right that is like asking for trouble when me and my ex used to go out to dance clubs or bars which I really couldnt go Till I was 18 lol cause I was like 14 almost 15 when we first started dating and her 25 years old yeah I would just sit and watch her cause I never wanted to tell her I couldnt dance lol so I just made up a lie that I didnt feel like it lol....That's like asking me to sing I cant sing and I am told to never quit my day job lmao so it really bad so I dont dance nor sing I just watch other people I will sing tho if I am drunk lol
Dannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 11:44 PM   #6
Angel_Wolf

Dancing is to live

Dancing to me is to live. A way to express myself about life. Usually whenever I am the happiest you'll find me dancing. Mind you I am indian (cherokee) and thus dancing is also a way to honor our ancestors and heritage as well as the Creator. Sort of like a bird taking flight. That is why I love to dance and I can sing. Right now though I dont have a happy song in my head since I am a bit down.
Have a great day though!
Old November 28th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #7
DakotaRaine

For what it's worth, Dannie, try this old Irish proverb: dance as if no one were watching, Sing as if no one were listening, And live each day as if it were your last. Never be embarressed by the way you might--or might not--dance. Music creates a unique rhythm within each of us, and as long as no one's toes get squished, I say what the hey, jump around and enjoy yourself.
DakotaRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #8
Angel_Wolf

Good point there DakotaRaine! I totally agree. Dancing is part of who we are and it is a good way to express yourself.
Have a great day!
Old November 29th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #9
MintyFemme2

I know I ain't the bestest dancer in the world but I dance anyhow. One night Napa and I had gone out dancing this big ole queen bumped into me and then looked at me like it was my fault. He/She was over 6ft tall and had high heels on to boot. I glared right back LOL. I knew he wasn't gonna do anything but I stepped closer to Napa and he went to the otherside of the dance floor LMAO. The key to dancing Dannie is to have some one taller then you in case some one bumps into you