Old January 12th, 2001, 09:38 PM   #1
AuntieWOW

Who's hot, who's not?
AuntieWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2001, 04:02 PM   #2
POOH2^
Jeep Enthusiast

Cool Glam Slam Metal Jam 2001

Not sure how popular Poison, Warrant and Quiet Riot are, But I won front row seats and back stage passes for the first leg of this tour.

I went on Wednesday May 23rd...My ears are still ringing!! I took my daughter(age 22) and it was a girls night out. Quiet Riot didnt do much for me, I did catch myself singing to Come On Feel The Noize...they sure have aged!! LOL

Warrant was pretty loud and obnoxious...the lead singer loves usin the F word...ALOT! I didnt care much for them..

Poison....ahhhh Bret Micheals, CC DeVille, Ricki Rocket, and Bobby Dahl....I enjoyed it!! I was singing loudly to "Every Rose has its thorn" and unskinny Bop...LOL

After the show we went backstage to meet and hang with the band. I was wearing one of my ever present "Jeepin" t-shirts and Ricki Rocket and I ended up chatting about Jeeps..it was cool. Bobby Dahl didnt say much, dang he's a cutie! Bret Michaels was off somewhere when I was ready to get to the house...on our way out the door, Corie and I ran into CC DeVille, he was upstairs by himself lookin for his tour bus, he asked me where the buses were and I told him..he looked pretty wiped out, he said he wasnt feelin good lately. His guitar solo during the show musta wiped him out.

Well, i wonder if my ears will ever recover, I had never been to a "Metal/Rock" concert....this weekend Im gonna see Aaron Tippin at an outdoor festival, Im lookin forward to the quietness of his music, although "Kiss This" could get a bit rowdy...LOL
Old June 19th, 2001, 04:23 PM   #3
LiamFan!

Did POOH never recover? ;-)

Lately I've been driving more, and we listen to "the Mix" when we drive...so I've been getting more exposure to music that is more properly called "popular."

I have to say there are some things out there right now that I find listenable (un milagro!)

Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, Creed, the Corrs, Leann Womack (I think of the former DonnaWOW everytime I hear her), and lots more.

Oh, and I'm not tired of Shaggy's "Angel" yet or Dido's "Thank You" <g>
Old June 30th, 2001, 12:20 AM   #4
POOH2^
Jeep Enthusiast

Liam!!!

Im becoming a fan of Creed, my daughter loves Scott Stapp
so I starting listening..I now own Human Clay CD, which is
quite good :-)
I watched VH1 when they had MatchboxTwenty on...I really enjoyed it! The piano version of 3am was fab! kinda sad about the story behind that song :-(
Im bummed that Im having a hard time finding the songs I want to download from Napster...My CD burning days came to a quick end :-(
Old June 30th, 2001, 02:34 AM   #5
LiamFan!

Hi POOH! Some songs can still be found. You have to be very creative with your spellings...

Try searching on song title rather than artist. Also...I have good luck just searching on the web. I usually type part of the song title and .mp3.

For example...recently, I was looking for Imitation of Life by REM. I searched on google for "imitation.mp3" and there it was, on a Dutch server.
Old June 30th, 2001, 11:48 PM   #6
POOH2^
Jeep Enthusiast

WOW Liam! I havent tried other avenues to search for my mp3s, I guess I should venture out into the MP3 world and see what hits me...Thanks for the tip Liam!!
Old August 29th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #7
Cinderellen

I'm curious what you all thought of the MTV Awards last night. All I'm hearing about today is the Madonna, Britney, Christina opening act. Did you all see the show? What say you?
Old August 30th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #8
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

I didn't watch it....although I've seen that kiss like 43 times today.

My son attended the awards. I'll ask what he thought of the show this year. Last year he worked it and I watched (along with a true pal, right Liam??) in hopes of spotting him! The show sucked, except for maybe 2 acts and I never saw Patrick at all. So I passed this year.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2003, 07:41 PM   #9
LiamFan!

Oh, it was stellar last year, so I wept openly when I missed it this year.
Old August 30th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #10
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

You lie!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2003, 02:50 AM   #11
LiamFan!

Ha ha ha
Old September 12th, 2003, 09:19 AM   #12
Cinderellen

Don't know if this is the right folder, but I wanted to post something about Johnny Cash. He died last night from complications of diabetes. I can't say that I ever liked country music all that much, but there was something about him I always loved. He'll be missed.
Old September 12th, 2003, 02:01 PM   #13
LiamFan!

Very sad.

His most recent video, "Hurt," the cover of a Nine Inch Nails song, was fantastic.

Not a big country fan here, either, but Folsom Prison Blues? Ring of Fire? Can't argue with Cash's hits.
Old September 12th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #14
Cinderellen

I've always loved Ring of Fire and I Walk the Line. I haven't seen or heard Hurt, but I'm going to find it now.
Old September 12th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #15
mosquito

I've been a big Johnny Cash fan for about 30 years, and I was shocked when I heard this morning. He was so honest about himself and so open to his fans. He had such amazing talent and versatility, and did so much to pull country music away from the twangy stereotype.

My very favorite Johnny Cash song is "Ballad of a Teenage Queen." Or "Cry, Cry, Cry." ...Wait, I forgot about "Man In Black." .....ok, I can't give you a favorite!! Everything he did was so good. I missed a chance to see him in concert several years ago and I knew I would regret it... *sigh*
mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote