Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old January 12th, 2001, 04:51 PM   #1
QuietWOW
WOW Host

I once heard that you know if you've been on a lesbian date if you wake up the next morning and a U-haul has pulled into your driveway...LOL.

How do you know if you are on a date? How do you ask a woman out on a date? Where do you meet these women? Please share your insight and funny stories.
QuietWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2001, 09:11 AM   #2
QuietWoman

I guess this is an issue for anyone, once you're over the age of parties and school proms .

But yes, it does seem to me that mixed messages are a big part of lesbian culture. If she's being nice to me does that mean she wants a date? Or is she just spending time? And how do I find out without making a fool of myself?

That's always pretty evident in the chatroom too, where the slightest attmept to be polite, let alone friendly can get you into deep water!
QuietWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2001, 10:48 PM   #3
roo

I can't say what it is exactly, QW, but it often involves a UHAUL

/me runs
Old April 14th, 2001, 06:30 AM   #4
chana

uh oh

um.....we don't have u-hauls here....

Guess that means we don't date??? LOL
chana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2001, 10:29 AM   #5
candygirl1030

ROFL roo...that was going to be my answer too!

Let's see here...my second date with girlfriend was hmmm...dinner....a gay club ...and well Uhmmm I can't tell you the rest<g>
candygirl1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2001, 01:09 AM   #6
roo

I seem to be anti-dating LOL I am sooooooo romantic (not)

My idea of a good date: a quiet evening spent on the same couch, each reading our own novels. Nice usic. The tv is in a dumpster
Old June 6th, 2001, 06:31 PM   #7
huee

i'm not exactly sure, but if my g/f ever shows up, i'll be going on one tonight. mainly, it seems to involve us holding hands/cuddling & generally annoying all of our friends b/c we're so sickingly cute.
huee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2001, 02:27 AM   #8
Stophie

((((((((((((((((huee))))))))))))))))))

I dare not hug you in person...not that I could...I'd have to get a crowbar to pry your g/f off ya LOL. So, does that mean it is official now---you two are g/fs? LOL you know I love ya, but if that is the case I'm glad I ain't working with the two of you anymore See ya next Saturday.
Stophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2001, 05:57 PM   #9
QuietWoman

LOL @ (((((Roo's))))) idea of a date!

((((((huee))))) (((((Stophie)))))

Let's see, what's a nice date? Well most places I go with my girl, I guess

We went to see mary Chapin Carpenter recently - that was a pretty excellent Date
QuietWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2001, 02:15 AM   #10
Goose-78

A lesbian date....

A lesbian date?? Well, I'm having a hard time getting past the date part...I guess I'll have to let you know when I've actually had one...LOL
Goose-78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2001, 04:56 PM   #11
LondyG

A nice meal, a quiet cafe/bar and a lot of laughs is a good start
LondyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2001, 02:21 AM   #12
Minty_Femme

Smile

To be honest I can't say really dated anyone until I dated Random. I was so nervous when Random called and said she was already in town. She was early. I hadn't even vacumed the living room let alone dressed for the date LOL. Random showed up shortly after my babysitter showed up. When I saw Random's truck I ran into the bedroom LOL. I came out pulling a clean shirt down over my belt that I was wearing to keep my jeans up.
After I pryed Sallvie (my son) off of me we left. I was pleasantly surprised when Random opened the door of her truck for me. We had gone to a mexican restraunt. We talked well after the meal was done. I didn't want the date to end neither did she. Random asked if there was a bar or something we could go have a drink at.
We get downtown and I forgot where the bar was LOL. I had Random going up and down one way streets forever. Finaly I decided to go into the gay man's bar and ask where the bar was I wanted to go to. It turned out the bar was only a block from where we were LOL.
When we finaly got there I felt so bad for getting Random lost that I leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Random gave me a kiss that knocked my socks off! We had a couple of drinks and then it was time for Random to go home because she had to get up early the next morning for work. I was worried about her traveling an hour and a half back home. When she got home she messaged me on instant messenger that she was home. I was relieved!
The second date Random came to my door with flowers. I was so surprised that I kissed her right outside and didn't care if the neighbors saw. Random still brings me flowers sometimes. I have gotten Random flowers too.
One of our most recent dates we went to the fair. I won Random a tiger picture by throwing darts because I know she likes tigers. Random won me a purple teddy bear. We also found one of those picture booths <G>.
I am so blessed that I have Random in my life. I know that when we do live together we will still take time to date. When we are old and grey we will still be acting like teenagers on their first date LOL. Random and I are so much in love with each other. I think every date will be our "first" date LOL.
Minty_Femme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2002, 10:47 AM   #13
Tala

Smile Aw so wonderful

I am so glad your date went well for you (((((Minty)))) you deserve to be happy. Now as for me, I am str8 but what is the difference between a lesbian date and a str8 date? Nothing as far as I am concerned. Take your date out to some place that would hopefully impress her. Be attentive and enjoy yourselves. If ppl stare then they have a problem not either of you. I have the same problem just dating men in general. LOL So do what feels good for you and her. Most of all enjoy each other and you will have lots of fun. Much love and huggers
Old November 18th, 2002, 02:44 PM   #14
Tammy

Quote:
Stages of Lesbian Relationships

* Prerelationship stage - The "getting to know you" or dating stage.

* Romance stage - A feeling of oneness, of being completely understood, accepted, loved and appreciated. Also, lots of sex.

* Conflict stage -Disappointment that the other isn't perfect and doesn't have enough time.

* Acceptance stage - Stability, contentment, deep affection and self-awareness.

* Commitment stage - The decision to make choices about the relationship and be responsible for them, recognition about separate needs and belief in the trustworthiness of the partner.

* Collaboration - Focusing on shared goals and creating something outside of the couple - a political event, a baby, a business.

<I>From: Lesbian Couples: Creating Healthy Relationships for the '90s, by D. Merilee Clunis and G. Dorsey Green. </I>
Whataya think? Is that how it's done? Or is someone blowing smoke off their typewriters? <g>
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2003, 12:15 AM   #15
MintyFemme2

Hmm Tammy I am looking at the "stages" .. I dunno know if I can really say I have gone throug all the stages LOL. I am having a probem with the "conflict" and "collabortation" LOL. I know that there are times when i have felt there wasn't enough time to spend with Random or I was to busy for her but i don't think it was really a "conflict" I thinks it might be a lot of typewriter smoke LOL