Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Life's Transitions

Old July 9th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #1
MintyFemme2

Wedding Issues

Yesterday my sisters and I were talking in IM and my youngest sister announced that she was going to get married July 19 but next year May 18 she wanted to have a ceremony out here for the family to attend ( she is on the East Coast .. we are on the West Coast). I jokingly said maybe we can have a double wedding. She seemed receptive to it. Both of our partners said " hmmmmmmmm maybe". If we do this ceremony it would be definately unique cosidereing the sexuality differences LOL. Does any one have any suggestions on how to do this wedding ceremony? If one of us wants to wear white would the other have to wear white?
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:46 PM   #2
MintyFemme2

I don't know if it matters much but younger sister is straight.
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #3
brede
my new motorcycle

Personnaly, I think each of you should wear what you want to wear. A lot of those written in stone etiquette rules are used as guidelines. I really don't think the straight/gay issue falls into play here. The bottom line is two couples want to make a public confession of their love and commitment to each other. I think it is a wonderful idea! If you need some moral support (because getting ready for any wedding is stressful), I'm here for you!

I guess not all weddings are stressful, Greg and I had a super simple wedding. We got our license and rings of a Fri, I called a pastor on Sat. and we were married on Sunday. We had 9 adults (including us and the pastor) and 4 children (one mine). Somebody bought me some flowers, Randy took pictures and brought a bottle of champagne, sparkling cider and paper cups. We left 5 minutes after the ceremony and toasting. It was totally stressless! My first wedding was much more elaborate and a pain in the ass. So was that husband, now that I think of it LOL!
Old July 31st, 2004, 05:24 AM   #4
Gypserose62

2 people no matter thier gender who want to get married in a double wedding i think is the greatest thing ever its things to write books about dress as u like dont get into all the hoopla its just too much stress this coming from mom of 3 wife of 1 for 23 years good luck to both of u and your partners have long wonderful lives together and god bless
Gypserose62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 03:36 PM   #5
brede
my new motorcycle

I had a fancy first wedding and the simplest of simple second wedding. The second was much better, no fuss, no stress. We were both calm and collected and were able to really concentrate on our vows to each other.

Just follow your heart about what you want in the wedding.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:21 PM   #6
MintyFemme2

I want to wear the fancy dress. I had a Holy Union when I was 21 . I had planned it but things got changed at the end. My ex didn't like the idea of who I wanted to be my maid of honor would be wearing a tuxedo.
Right now the biggest issue before me is the wedding dress. I found a couple of dresses I like but I don't like the prices.
Thank you for your support ((((((((((BREDE)))) and GypsyRose.. I have seen ya before but forget who you are.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 04:29 PM   #7
brede
my new motorcycle

Believe it or not, there are now stores that rent wedding dresses. Some of them are connected with tuxedo rental stores. Personally, I think it is a great concept.

Do you sew or know someone who does? My mother made my dress for my fancy wedding (didn't show up when Greg and I married - couldn't miss her bridge game!). The dress is gone. It wasn't with my stuff when my ex had things shipped to me from Germany. I do have the floor length lace hooded cape. It's beautiful and if Pirate's someday wife-to-be (he's not even dating right now) wants to use it or even cut it up to add to her dress, that will be fine with me.

Good luck, sweetie, when is the big event going to happen?
Old September 24th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #8
Sabra

I feel whoever you are, you need and should have your very own wedding day. This is a special day, geesh don't share it.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote