Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Pets

Old January 14th, 2005, 02:39 AM   #61
ArticCat

Greetings to All!

I live in a house run by 2 cats - 1 Red and 1 Black & White. The Black & White one has never really grown up and this has been reiterated recently as she has discovered the joys of chasing a small laser beam ( torch-style ) around the room. She doesn't mind if it is shone up the curtains, on the furniture, across the carpet for she will chase this light around in a circle until she is quite dizzy.

The Red cat is far more sensible just sitting on the arm of the sofa watching that younger cat chasing after something she will never catch.

And I thought cats were supposed to be inteligent animals *sigh*
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #62
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

I like the optimism of the black and white cat!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #63
MintyFemme2

ArticCat, sounds like your black and white cat has lots of energy. I don't know if the Red cat is smarter or just a couch potato cat. Gizmo at almost 12 years old still terrorizes the Christmas tree every year. He will bat the balls around till the fall off and then he'll chase them around the house. The Christmas tree as been taken down now Giz just runs around chasing Joxer who is 4.
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #64
MintyFemme2

I get out of bed this am and come back in the bedroom to get my clothes ready for a shower. Joxer is on the bed giving me the look that says "don't even think about it". I try to pet him he wants to "box" thinking I want my spot back I pressume. After my shower Joxer is still in the bed but now his look his more determined " Go get your own bed!"
Old January 29th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #65
Jensan

I have an 11yr old tabby. She size wise looks like a 1 yr old. Her name is Maggie.

Some folks say animals don't understand us...um, I don't think so, they do understand in my book anyway.

She loves to chat, and gets incredably annoyed if you just go out, without telling her where your going. If you do go out and not tell her you are doing so, she waits till you go to make a fuss of her, then turns her back on you, like "hello! You expect me to talk to you when you lrft without saying where ....." lol.
Jensan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #66
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

I don't have a cat, but my husband is like that too!
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #67
IRISH_EYES_99

rofl Cod!! rofl thanks I really needed that laugh. Is he related to mine rofl!!!
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #68
Jensan

Lol, good one Cod, very good. lol
Jensan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #69
MintyFemme2

Iam NOT gonna even talk about my cats LOL. When we returned from visiting Napa's mom and family the two "angels" greeted us at the door, Gizmo meowing and Joxer giving his look. I went into the kitchen and discovered my flowers were on the table, flower vase wasn't in sight. Looked down and found the vase behind the table , the dry cat food was soggy and the water dish was cloudy. Gizmo just looked an meowed cause his food was wet . While I was telling Giz how bad he was Napa found a "present" in the hall. Napa next to went in our room to call her mom. The phone was on the floor. Joxer had prob knocked off the phone when he was attempting to "rat" on Giz LOL.
Old January 30th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #70
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Okay all that SCARES me!
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:15 AM   #71
MintyFemme2

Want a cat Cod???? I have 2 LOL.
Old January 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM   #72
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

You'd have to help me find a home for my son then. He is HIGHLY allergic to cats! His German Shepherd likes to eat cats for breakfast.

Still want to let me adopt one of them, Minty???
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #73
seo58

((((((((All))))))))

hey Cod my cat eats dogs for breakfast

Gizzy is a real sweetheart and my watch dog. She growls when she hears a noise outside, especially when she is lieing next to me in bed. I swear she is my dog reincarnated. Thats why I came in here, I have 2 questions to ask.

I understand all her behavior except for one. Why does she have to smell my breath when I first wake up? I just don't get that one. The other one is why she licks me like a dog does? She licks my hands, arms but never my face.

Can anyone answer these 2 questions?
seo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #74
Elusive Unicorn

I have two cats. One likes to follow my hubby around the house. Hmm..wonders if maybe kitty is observing him to make sure he is doing stuff right.
Our other cat is in that in between stage a kitty tween I guess.You can do almost anything to him and he don't care. He likes to play alot. So my kids like him.
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM   #75
sistergirl

I have a kitty that loves anything sweet...dab a little on my finger and you'd of thought she just ate a steak! lol
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote