Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > TV & Movies

Old October 30th, 2003, 08:54 PM   #286
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

But you can still go into the basement, right??

Addie, I bet you can't STAND the smell of popcorn anymore, right? You are a wealth of "what to see" info! You are so right about "School of Rock"! We saw it today and we were the ONLY 2 people in the whole theatre. The people here are more drawn to the "On Golden Pond" type movies, I guess! WOW, I have not enjoyed a movie that much for a while! I went right out to purchase the soundtrack. The kids are wonderful, the music terrific and Jack always fascinates me with his energy and rapid fire delivery of creative dialog. I loved Joan Cusack in her role in this too! Go Stevie Nicks!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2003, 10:17 PM   #287
Addie

Joan Cusack is great! I actually liked that T.V. show she had too. Although, my choices aren't always very popular ones. I'm seem to be on permanent hiatus. R.I.P Boomtown.<g>

Cod, are you getting any emails from me? Liam, are you? I think my emails are being consumed by those solar storms. "Papa can you hear me?"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2003, 07:28 AM   #288
Cinderellen

We saw Intolerable Cruelty last weekend. Have you all seen it? What did you think?
Old October 31st, 2003, 09:35 AM   #289
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Have not seen that one yet Cinderellen. I'm betting you weren't blown away, eh??

Yes, Addie, I DID get your email. I've been working on a reply. It's a 1000 words or ....more one.
Old October 31st, 2003, 11:05 AM   #290
Addie

{{{{{Cod}}}}} Knowing my history of emailing, or lack of<g>, I don't want you to think I felt a reply was necessary...immediately.<g> I saw the other day that Liam was trying to reach you, or you were trying to respond, or something like that, and I just wondered if we were all incommunicado.
Old October 31st, 2003, 11:08 AM   #291
Addie

Cinderellen, I love the Coen Brother's movies. I haven't been to see Intolerable Cruelty yet because the critics got into my head and were turning me off. The problem though.. I heard one critic say that if it weren't a Coen Brother's movie, he'd give it a good review. That makes no sense, to me, at all.

I did hear that it's sort of an homage to Preston Sturges and I love Preston Sturges movies! Again, I've been hesitant because I read too much about it and it's coloring my view.

So, what did you think?
Old October 31st, 2003, 11:25 AM   #292
Cinderellen

Well, I enjoyed it up until the last half hour. It was, in my opinion, very tongue-in-cheek, which sounds sort of typical of the Coen Brothers (The only other movie if theirs I've seen is O Brother Where Art Thou.) My husband said the same thing, it was almost like they had a picture in their mind of what they wanted to do, but they didn't know how to end it after they got there. I don't want to say too much since you haven't seen it, or I'll give it away. It kind of left you feeling unsatisfied. The part of the story featuring the character played by Richard Kiel just seemed wrong and totally out of place. Overall, it was better than most of the movies I've seen lately, but keep in mind the last 2 movies I've seen were George of the Jungle2 and Matrix Reloaded.
Old October 31st, 2003, 11:32 AM   #293
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Oh...whew....cuz I was typin' as fast as I could here...with 4 fingers and 2 thumbs, Addie!

Sadly, LiamFan seems to be having some email problems, at least with receiving MY emails. They are taking their good old time to get there and by then.....we are off on a whole new topic...or tangent!

Incommunicado?? SAY IT AIN'T SO!! EEK!
Old November 16th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #294
Cinderellen

I'm wondering if 'anyone' saw Master and Commander this weekend. If so what did you think. My son wants to see it.
Old November 16th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #295
LiamFan!

Haven't seen it yet, but several friends have and raved about it. Said it was very true to the books, historically accurate, and action-packed. People are talking Academy Awards...
Old November 17th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #296
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

It's FANTASTIC! I had read reviews that it was a bit too long and parts of it were too historically boring. Hogwash!

I was fascinated from beginning to end! It's a fine movie for boys to see Cinderellen. Of course it has it's share of bloody battles, but the relationship between the men and the lesson of respect for each other is inspiring.

This for LiamFan.....Russell will float your boat in this, my friend! I loved his portrayal of Lucky Jack!
Old November 17th, 2003, 09:22 PM   #297
Cinderellen

The son that wants to see this one is 14, so bloody battles are probably something of a selling point for him. *sigh*
Old November 17th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #298
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

LOL well then he will be happy! But it wasn't one of those "i can't even eat my Milk Duds" type movies.
Old November 17th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #299
Cinderellen

It looked like a dude movie to me. Maybe I'll send him and his dad to see it instead of me. What do you call dude movies anyway? Ours are chick flicks... hmmm.
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:17 AM   #300
LiamFan!

If it has Russell in it, I don't care WHO the intended audience is! LOL

{{{Cod}}} Thanks for the endorsement...I am so looking forward to this one.