Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > TV & Movies

Old November 18th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #301
susieB

We took the kids to see "Elf" last night.....while I would not call it good enough to buy the video when it comes out, the kids enjoyed it, and those kinds of movies to help to get you in the holiday spirit....
susieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #302
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

I was trying to decide if that looked good enough to see susie. Might do that.

Cinderellen, I would not call this a dude flick, but then I'm not much into definite chick flicks either. This film has a variety of characters that are crusty, soft, tough, honorable, huggable, and very likeable. They definitely draw you in. There is a sprinkling of humor that keeps it lighthearted enough and mind blowing battle scenes. Of course, give me a movie with sailing ships and I'm hooked!

Summary: I think it would appeal to both genders equally.

SO GO WITH THEM!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #303
Cinderellen

LOL Cod I'm not all that fired up with those types of movies. I think I'll take younger son to see Elf while hubby takes older son to see Master and Commander. Of course hub wants to see Cat in the Hat too, and I want to see Love Actually, so we're all gonna be torn, lol. Just between you and me, I'm not crazy about Russell Crowe, but don't tell Liam.
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:38 AM   #304
Lilyfan

Cinderellen

Your may have seen "Love Actually" by now. I did see it and it was fun.. I do like Hugh Grant. This past week I saw "Something's Gotta Give" and loved it. But I am sure I am older than you. The 50's age crowd laughted alot.
Lilyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #305
Cinderellen

Lilyfan, I'd heard that Somethings Gotta Give was really funny, I have it on my list to see eventually. I haven't seen Love Actually yet, I still want to see it too. Unfortunately, my Christmas was filled with things that prevented me from seeing movies other than the Return of the King.

Speaking of which, I loved Return of the King. My two complaints for it are it was about an hour too long, and if you haven't seen the first two you're gonna be totally lost. However, the special effects were wonderful. It was worth seeing just for that. Well, that and Orlando Bloom
Old January 11th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #306
sunflower

Hello Everyone

Finding Nemo was for a kids movie very funny and we enjoyed it very much.

I would say anyone wanting a great family movie this one is it
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #307
LiamFan!

I *just finished* watching Finding Nemo!

I have a sick kid here...trying to find entertaining time-passers...
Old January 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #308
chana

We saw Finding Nemo just last month.....kidlet truly enjoyed it!
(It's till in the cinemas here)
chana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #309
Addie

My favorite movies of 2003 were small, independent films. Unfortunately, these movies don't get a theatrical release in many parts of the country.

That said, "Pieces of April" is being released on DVD today. This is a wonderful little film starring Katie Holmes ("Dawson's Creek") and Patricia Clarkson. Sad, funny and very touching, it's the ultimate in holiday family dysfunction film. Katie Holmes is fantastic in her departure from her better known "Creek" character. The film was shot in DV for something like 200 grand. The DV filming works perfectly in this case, adding to the feeling that you're catching a glimpse into the lives of one family on Thanksgiving Day. Highly recommended viewing!
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #310
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Dawson's Creek, eh?

Hey thanks, I'll see if Netflix has that one. ((((Addie))))

Have you seen American Splendor? I was supposed to get that one shipped last week and wouldn't you know that is the first time I've had a problem with the mail from Netflix. I want to see it too!!!!
Old February 24th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #311
Addie

ROFL to your Dawson's Creek wink! I'm chomping at the bit, waiting for season three to be released! I've had to move on to "Roswell." "Felicity" is waiting in the wings. DVD and all that it has given me makes me sob with joy, happiness and gratitude.<g>

I haven't seen "American Splendor" but I've heard only great things about it! I think I've been stalling because I don't know a lot about Harvey Pekar or comic books. Of course, if I watched the movie maybe I'd learn something.<g>

"The Station Agent" and "In America" were two of my very favorite movies of 2003. They aren't yet available for rent but I'll be sure to annoy everyone when they are.<g>

For anyone who hasn't seen "Lost in Translation," what are you waiting for? ;-) It's a great movie and a great success story for a small independent film! I love Bill Murray and he was at the top of his game in this movie. Scarlett Johansson ain't no slouch neither! Super enjoyable!
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #312
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

I just saw it Addie! I loved it! However, I have been asked on quite a few occasions recently, just WHAT I liked about it. There were a million things I liked about it but mostly I think it's because I have been in that hotel/alone/strange city situation MANY times. I think the movie let me work through my own displaced "trauma".

Both Bill and Scarlett were so natural and the relationship between their characters was so sweet, how could one NOT like that movie?
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #313
LiamFan!

I *loved* "Lost in Translation." Pretty much loved everything about it.
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #314
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

::::i'm following youuuuu:::::

I just got Secondhand Lions. Has anyone seen that one?
Old March 30th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #315
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

I have to tell you all, this weekend I got to see PASSION OF THE CHRIST If you haven't seen it what is stopping you!!? ANYONE who sees it and is not moved would shock me. If you think you understand what Christ went through see this movie. Because if you didn't get it before and you don't get it after, you NEVER will! No movie has ever touched me as this one did. Please note this is not a movie to take the kids to. But when you get the chance to see it bring tissues. Even my boyfriend cried! It's just so powerful.I came away with a new out look on this.