Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old January 27th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #1
MintyFemme2

Different Families

I was watching the News a bit ago and was disappointed to find out the Right Winged people think my family is immoral! Appearently PBS was going to air a Buster Rabbit series that had different kinds of families. It was going to talk about different cultures, different relgions and a few lesbian families. Far be it from me to say how some one can raise thier child but it's about time that the few Right Winged people of the Earth stopped telling the majority how to raise their family!
There was a Christian lady that said " It is not right to waste MY tax dollars to promote homosexual lifestyle. That life style is immoral ." Oh how I wanted to tell her that she could take her tax money and go to Hell. My tax money is spent on all kinds of programs including programs promoting different lifestyles and relgions as well. I don't complain matter of fact I welcome the programs that will show my son how others live.
Ok now that I have got my hollering out I thought everyone might want to talk about how they were raised and how they are raising their families now.
I was raised in the traditional family ( mother , father , and kids) until I was 9, then I Mom raised me until I was 15.
I am raising my son in a two parent family BUT a few Right Wing Christian hiprocrats will say it is an Immoral Family. I see nothing wrong with bringing my son up in a loving home that just happens to have 2 women for parents.
Old February 5th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #2
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

{{{{{Minty}}}}} How is anyone to judge you or your lifestyle? We here at WOW love you just as you are and wouldn't have you any other way!I feel noone has the right to say if someones lifestyle is wrong or right. I was raised to believe that we are all loved in God's eyes and He (or she) is the only one who can judge anyone. Hon you just be you! Don't pay no mind to narrow minded people. {{{{{{{{MINTY}}}}}} Love ya.
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #3
IRISH_EYES_99

((((((((( Minty and family)))))))))))))
((((((((( Crazymomma ))))))))))))))
See Minty, but then you know you are loved just for being you.

Who decides what's right for "Everyone"?
They are the same people who say they aren't judgmental yet don't accept people for who they are.
We are all "God's children". If that is what they truly believe.
To me a pompous arse is a pompous arse and their being full of themselves could be laughable, if they didn't take themselves so seriously.
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #4
MintyFemme2

(((((((((((((IRISH)))))))) (((((((((CRAZZY))))))))) ty I was just venting. I know that my family is acceptable in God's eyes and that is all that matters.
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #5
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

You Go girl!!! I agree. Alot of people feel I sin because of the way I live. I had an exfriend say when I was expecting Savannah that I had no right to have a child at my age(I was 38 then) and unwed to boot. Well, as I said she is now an exfriend and I have a lovely,smart and caring 10 year old. I won't know until I die if I was right or wrong but, I don't care I see it as I did the right thing. She had no business to judge me only God does. I'll take my punishment or reward when the time is right. Oh, that's right I have the reward I have a lovely daughter! (((((((Irish)))))) Hey, Irish, did you know my daughter is back. she's the new unicorn in town
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #6
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((( Crazymomma, and unicorn )))))))) Glad she is back on line. Hope to see both of you in chat soon. Check the schedule out.

Funny you said that crazymomma, I got married in later than most, and when I did. Was told by many not to have kids because they wouldn't be "normal".
Well My kids are adults wonderful normal adults. The oldest married with young kids of her own. So much for what "they" say. I hope in time you and your exfriend mend the rift. Very happy your daughter is a happy normal 10 year old.

Being judgemental is such a task. It must be sad to have so much time to decide what is right or wrong for everyone else. How in the world do "they' have time to be happy??? Just wondering. Ahhhh sprinkles happy dust over all.
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:16 PM   #7
MintyFemme2

((((((((IRISH))))) (((CRAZY))) It is very hard when we get judged. I wasn't judged by my friends and family to much when I had Sallvie. Of coursde 2 of my sisters couldn't say a thing because they both had their children out of wedlock. Crazy you had your daughter the way YOU wanted. If your exfriend was your real friend shewould have supported YOUR decision reguardless of how she does things. I don't regret having Sallvie nor how I am raising him. Everyone tells me I have a well mannered and well behaved son so my partner and I must be doing something right Now if he would only stop sassying (sigh).
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #8
IRISH_EYES_99

((((( Minty )))))))))), it's also the age along with being in the school enviroment. Sit him down and let him know it hurts you when he sasses you. Find out how he feels being put down, let him know that is exactly what he's doing when he sasses you.
How is his behavior in school, and around other adults? It's hard being a mom and knowing what to do at times. sigh! Somethings you have to let them vent, but not by disrespecting you.
Sallvie is a great kid. He loves both of you very much. So get the dialogue going it helps.
Old February 26th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #9
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

{{{{{{IRISH&MINTY}}}}} Thank you both! This exfriend will porbably stay that way. It's not a bad thing she has been known to start problems before. She's the one who tried to have Unicorn arrested! But that's a story for another place and time. It is hard to be a good mom sometimes. I agree Minty keep at it. bye for now.
Old March 11th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #10
jkearns4949

Even though their are still narrow minded people, views seem to be changing. I feel society will continue to be more open minded.
jkearns4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #11
Ayla

Ralph bucks

I know this is slightly off topic but here in Canada I live in a province with a right-winged premier and scarily enough we just voted in a right-winged Prime Minister.

Last year our Premier announced that the our province had money to spare and EVERY resident is receiving a $400 cheque. I got mine last month. I decided that the cheque is going toward the purchase of donor sperm.

My friends and family love that I am using the money to do something the government wants from "normal" families. My little way of sticking it to the man.

My normal family will be me, my lesbian partner, and our kid(s), so there!

Old February 25th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #12
LiamFan!

Brava, Ayla!
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #13
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Be sure you send him a thank you note and a pic of what you spent your money on.

I mean the hoped for baby of course.....or not.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #14
LiamFan!

Heh!
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #15
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((((((Ayla ))))))))))))) you go girl. Send the picture to him. Thank him for his donation.

(((((((((((( COD)))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((Liam)))))))))))))))))))