Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old September 6th, 2005, 10:23 PM   #1
firewife2104

Help ladies!

I have a delima...my soon to be husband is a volunteer firefighter...and as you all may know that FEMA is calling for 2000 firemen to come to aid for Katrina victims...well being the good man that he is, he wants to go. And I certainly understand his way of thinking and the pay is exceptional! BUT, since we have been together I have yet to this day pay a bill in our house, so I dont know whats due and when its due. Next thing is, I have not spent one night without him. I have a 10 yr old boy and a full time job. When something goes wrong then he is there to assist, such as child sick from school, Dr's apts....FEMA is asking that they stay for the minumium of 30 days and no longer then 120 days. That would be after the 1st of next year before he got back home. So I guess my point is, what the heck do I do? I feel like he should go, then I feel like I need him home. SO, if you all can offer me some ideas or comments that would be helpful, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
firewife2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #2
firewife2104

Thumbs down

Sorry all I have posted in the wrong area...I posted again under announcements & info..again sorry for the goof, 1st time here
firewife2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #3
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

that's no problem at all and welcome!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #4
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Talking LOL

(((((firewife)))))))
(((((Cod)))))

Just like Cod said Firewife, we all do it when we are new. I hope to see you join in on the chats. Some are fun and down right hilarious others are informative. Make a point to check out the various chats under women's chats.

Watch out for the WOW's though LOL
they host the chats and just are lively and entertaining as the roomies. LOL

Now I have seen that there is a new hostess LOL time to have fun err harass the new Host! LOL <WEG> aka wicked evil grin.

Do have a great day!
Old January 18th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #5
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Curious what would you do?

If you were in a situation where you didnt feel safe, let alone know that someone was there to help you what would you do?

If you had a medical emergency and not one person to trust to help you what would you do?

If someone starts doing things out of character to the point you dont what to expect what would you do?

If someone was becoming violent or threatening what would you do?

If someone was doing all these things what would you do?

Stop and think for a few minutes ok? For remember it could be you and your life that is in this situation(s).

Thus said if you know someone who is in this type of situation what would you do?

So if you are going to condemn me or bash me so be it. Those who know me and etc know that I speak and tell the truth, even if anyone else that is asking doesnt like the answers I will tell the truth.

So for those who are now on the outside that is where you will stay. You have done things that have placed yourself there. For my own sake, I am doing what I must due to the actions and words they have done thus far. For the ones on the inside, remember this is what happens to those who betray, hurt and threatened me. I wouldnt want anyone on the outside, yet tis their actions, words and choices that have placed them there. Not by my choice. Yet it has to be for my own sanity, sake and spirit.

If you know someone is a similar situation what would you do?

What would you do to help them?

Would you help or hinder or ignore them?

Mind you we all dont think that this kind of thing can happen to us but you just never know eh? If it was your sister, brother, cousin, aunt, uncle, grandparent(s), mother or father or yourself what would you do? What would you hope for? Who do you know would be on the inner circle? Who would be on the outside looking in?

So tis a reminder of how precious life is. How precious a love and a relationship is. How precious is happiness.

Have a great day!
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:57 PM   #6
FriscoGirl

Some deep questions to ponder.
FriscoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 06:43 AM   #7
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Thank you ((( Frisco Girl ))) That is the whole reason of the post. We are usually aware of these things. However, we never think it will happen to us or any of our loved ones til it does. Hence, something to remind all of us how precious life and etc is.

Have a great day!