Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Sex and Intimacy

View Poll Results: What is more fulfilling, to love or get loved?
To love 16 66.67%
To get loved. 7 29.17%
Can't say 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #1
rosy

What is more fulfilling, to love or get loved.?

Please elaborate.
rosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wink Hmmm depends I would say

I would think its a two way street. For to give love and not receive it back is disheartening and makes a person sad lonely and depressed. However, If you give love and receive it back it makes your life more complete. Not saying that its going to be the same level you are on but its better than nothing. Yet a mother's or father's love is usually unconditional. Not all but most. Then again there is the love between siblings....That no parent can touch. Yet there is another form of love that not all siblings will have. That is shared between twins, triplets and etc. For there are many avenues of love i.e. between a mother/daughter son/father mother/son Father/daughter and so on. Each one is unique and different. So is the situations, hardships and life struggles we go thru that change and shape us into what we become and are now. Thus the love we have for another is expected to evolve, change and become what it is now. Hence love can empower us or hinder us depending on how it affects us. That is what I think hope this helps.
Have a great day!
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #3
IRISH_EYES_99

Love!!!

When you truly give love from your heart that is the best. When the love is given back then you have a double blessing...

Love it's not just a word, or a feeling. It's something that comes from the heart. Sometimes Love takes a while to recognize, but when you do oh my!!

Love. it's so many things. When you look up at a starry sky at night it touches you. When you hold the person you love it soars. Holding your babies for the first time. Nothing can equal that. Then if you're lucky enough you get to hold your grandchildren...you wonder about this wonderful love that just flows and grows,

Love when someone you love is hurt. You take that hurt to your heart and try, and share their pain. Just holding hands or smiling helps to ease the pain. That's love.

Love, sometimes it hurts so bad you can't help it. It makes you cry. Othertimes it's so powerful you see it in a smile, hear it in a laugh, taste it in a kiss.

Love is the most incredible feeling on earth.

Love is in nature, in people, and in how it makes you feel.

Love is what I wish everyone. To feel it's magic it's wonderful.

Love is forgiveness of others, more importantly of yourself.

Love is Love.
Old September 12th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #4
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Talking Oh wow amazing!

I love this one.

Totally amazing.

I would have to agree with both of you there Irish. But yours is so eloquent and thought provoking.

Thanks for sharing!

((((((IRISH Rosy)))))))

(((((((Roomies))))))))))

Have a great day!
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:09 PM   #5
firewife2104

((((Irish_Eyes)))))

Dang girl I couldnt have said that better myself! AWESOME!
firewife2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #6
rosy

It's more fulfilling to love.

Looking at passion with which men love women, it seems it is more fulfilling to love then getting loved.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:32 AM   #7
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wink And then......?

Ok if that is the case and when passion has diminished or changed then what? Just an idea and wondering where a relationship on passion goes from if that was the case of passion fading or changed.

I do have to admit I like the way IRISH_EYES_99 has put it though.

Have a great day!
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:13 PM   #8
Tammy

I had no idea loving with passion was limited to men loving women.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #9
rosy

Women need fairer sex

Men love women with passion because women are fair sex. Women would need fairer sex in order to love with same passion as men do.
Old September 24th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #10
Addie

I have no idea what that means. Care to elaborate?
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #11
Tammy

Yeah.. what Addie said.
Old September 24th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #12
firewife2104

I think she is saying that if we get enough sex that we can feel the same passion that men do. LOL
Refer to her post in 'Relationships' where she says that her husband is sexually hooked to her......
firewife2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #13
Addie

Aha! Thanks for the explanation firewife! hmmm... Sounds more like an addiction, not love.

Let's put it all out on the table, we may as well have a real conversation with gross generalizations. ;-)

Putting aside the sex for a moment, as I thought this conversation was about love...

I don't believe that men love women with passion any more than women love men and/or women with passion. Men LUST after women with passion. Well, straight men, anyway.<g>

Women lust after men too, but we're a lot subtler.

Love and passion is something that goes way beyond "sex." It's caring and nurturing; it's warm and safe and free.

As for sex. Sex can be great, but making love is a whole lot better. Then there's having sex with someone you love, when you don't feel like making love. That's great too. And quickies with someone you love.. okay, you get the point. <g>

Remember, I'm generalizing. Female, male, straight, lesbian, or gay, we all love differently, we all lust differently, and passion means different things to us all.
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 02:06 AM   #14
Tammy

I've heard turnin' the hose on 'em helps with that hooked together problem

I assumed we were talkin' about sex here, just because I don't think "to love or get loved" in the sense of real love is possible. (In some places, to love without getting love is called stalking )

To me, loving and getting loved are two parts of the same thing and can't occur separately. I mean, think about it.. who wants to stay in a place where those two things are mutually exclusive? Love has an ebb and flow to it, but I don't believe they're ever truly occuring one at a time. And I'd go as far as to say I don't think they *can* occur one at a time.
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #15
MintyFemme2

Looking over this conversation I must say I am totaly lost !
For my 2 cents ( ok may 3 cents worth) love , sex, and lust while they may have some same qualities different from each other!
Lust is starts out physical. It changes for the better in most cases when love enters.
Sex is part of the lust stage in my opinion. It is good before love but gets better after love comes.
Love is a feeling that is beyond description. ((((((((((IRISH)))))))) put it very eloquently.
In my opinion if you find the person you are meant to be with the passion shouldn't fade away. Passion is just displayed differently in different stages of your relationship with your partner. Passion is found in all types of relationships. Passion in my opinion doesn't come with sex alone.