Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Life's Transitions

Old January 12th, 2001, 10:01 PM   #1
AuntieWOW

AuntieWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2001, 10:08 AM   #2
trew

Question

I have raised kids to adulthood and then went back to college and graduated.

My dreams were to travel and move around a bit... 3 days before graduation my "other" finally ( after 4 years) got picked up by "the" company, and wants to train 4 years...
so, training of other is taking place.

I travel lightly...but I am not happy with the way this is working out...
I had so dreamed of 20years and on to something new...
doesn't seem to be working like that...for me

I like my other, just not my location...
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2001, 01:56 PM   #3
tupi

Not that I'm a particularly selfish person, but frankly if I were in your shoes, trew, I'd consider continuing my plans. Find a job you love in a place you love and go home for weekends, or look for a job that requires travel and go for it. The 'other' will learn to cope. I'd be damned if I'd let someone kill my dreams.
tupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2001, 05:45 PM   #4
trew

wow..now that's a thought...

(((tupi)))

I went on a month's vacation and I think we are all capable of living this way...

my vacations will hopefully soon include working in a contract manner... ( woohoo!!)

thanks (((tupi)))

I believe we can all try to accomplish goals <g>

I am working on mine (never give up!)
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2001, 06:15 PM   #5
shandy

midlife crossroads

Stick with it. You never know what is around the corner
waiting to inspire you or move you about.

Life is too short to offer ultimatums.

Just to find a happy place in actuality or in your mind
is a good place to be.

Accept your life. You did achieve your dreams, just not
the way you had hoped.

If it were not for dreams I would have checked out of
this place called, life, a long time ago.

Sometimes hopes and dreams are all that are left.
Old June 10th, 2001, 02:35 AM   #6
Sabra

one should do that makes them happy. If you're not happy, no one else around you is.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2001, 11:39 AM   #7
MommaD

{{{{{{{SABRA!!!}}}}}
MommaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2001, 09:03 PM   #8
tupi

Okay, new delimma.... I had a hysterectomy. Now I can't get rid of my "tummy". Now for those that know me, you know I'm a well-endowed woman, but this is really embarrassing! I've never had a stomach really. I have a big ass and hips that are well .. big, but this 'apron' is very upsetting. I've changed my diet and have lost weight slowly, and I'm continuing a slow weight loss. However, my stomach muscles are just not cooperating. I still have some surgical pain (which is apparently normal after a hysterectomy), but this apron is not something I'm comfortable with. My body image has never been stellar, but right now I feel like an old hag! Once again you that know me, know I'm vain. I don't like looking bad, and right now I damn well look hidious!

I'm also out of Celexa, maybe when I get back on my anti-depressants, I'll feel better. I don't think so, though!
Old June 24th, 2001, 10:01 AM   #9
shergo

Tupi, could you ask your doc to recommend some exercises? Or maybe go to a fitness center, one that is mostly for women, where you could be given guidance?
Old August 1st, 2001, 01:47 AM   #10
Sabra

tupi hon, it takes a full year for the body to heal inside and out. Once the healing takes place the muscles will be able to function better and strengthened.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2001, 12:40 PM   #11
Daisy

Question Mid life crisis

My life will definitly be taking a different road
then what i had expected it to.
My marriage is ending,there goes 13 yrs.
I will be a single mom of three children (age 11,8
and 2).
I am a stay at home mom,i regret that now, but
you never know what the future brings.
So first thing get a job, i haven't had a job in 8 years
and than find a new home for the children and i.
Time to face fears and move on.
Wish me luck.
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2001, 05:07 PM   #12
tupi

You know what, Daisy, I think the hardest lesson any woman ever has to learn is that SHE is the most important person in her life. When you look in the mirror that is the person you should be taking first class care of. I know your children will suck all your attention, but a strong proud mother sets a strong proud example to her children.

So, your marriage ended...well, crap. That happens to so many of us. It's just a sad state of affairs. We have to deal with it one step at a time. Make a list of priorities, and follow and complete them as you go..one step at a time. Make sure you have time to get to know yourself again. Make sure there is time in the day for you to spend with you.

Jobs are difficult to get and hard to get used to, but earning your own money is a good feeling. It beats the daylights out of being held an economic hostage by someone who thinks you can't live without him.

So, Daisy, stay in touch! We'll get through this thing
Old August 11th, 2001, 05:10 PM   #13
tupi

A year, Sabra? A freaking YEAR!!!! Like I have time for this crap! I am walking every single day, and trying to eat wisely and lose weight. My tummy HURTS all the time it hurts. It pulls and tugs at my insides and it hurts like billyhell. I feel like an old lady...maybe I need to get a purple hat? Anyhow, I want to find some kind of machine that I can step into that will suck the fat out and smooth the cellulite and tuck in the sagging skin. I don't mind getting older, but I sure as hell mind looking like it!
Old January 15th, 2003, 02:02 PM   #14
sunflower

MidLife Crisis

Well id guess thats what i have had since i turned 42. My life just nosed dived i didn,t notice my family slipping away.It went on for about a year then i turned 43 last Nov and things just got worse in Dec I thought of leaving my family, I was drinking all the time and just didn,t care.Drinking has been a part of my life since i left home at 15.I have had a best friend to party with for 20 years
and didn,t even see it.A short while ago. Fate stepped in I met some very nice people on a chat line.Since that time I have stopped drinking and is getting back to my family.I have since lost my so called friend as i don,t care to hang out anymore.I guess You win some friends and you lose some.I never would have thought I,d be chatting
online but in the short time I was there
these people seem nicer than alot of my so called friends.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 12:55 PM   #15
serenity_7uk

Thumbs down I know how you feel

,I have a very demanding hubby and never seem to get time to make friends .I hope I find some here.
I to seem to be in the middle of some kind of mid life thing and cant seem to snap out of it