Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old September 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #1
sls_bubbles

Help! I am losing my kids!

Hello,
I am writing to see if you can figure out what I could do about a problem I have with my husband's ex. She has physical abused and neglected my two step-daughters on more than one occasion. She also is leaving with a registered sex offender. She has physical abused the girls in Wisconsin and in South Carolina. The state of Wisconsin had taking the two girls away from her and let us have them in our custody. When the girls got taking away from their mother was because of her house being so dirty, a vicous dog in the house, the girls laying in the bed with the sexual offender while he was naked, chocking hazards in the house, the children being able to watch their mother and her boyfriend have sex, and the girls being locked out of the house while the mother and her boyfriend slept all day. As of September 15, 2006, the state of Wisconsin let the abusing and neglecting mother have the girls back. The sexual offender is still living in the same house with the girls. These girls are only six and four years old. I really need someone elses advice of what we should do to get the children in a safe and loving family here in South Carolina. Please respond with answers to sls_bubbles@excite.com, and please send concers to the sentor of Barron County , Wisconsin. Also notify the state sentor of Wisconsin. We need as much help as we can get to get the girls in a safe family enviroment. Thank You for your help.
Old September 19th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Exclamation One question

Do you have a lawyer?

Just curious for it seems with this situation that is what is needed. A lawyer in the state of Wisconsin to work on your behalf.

Hope it works out.

Have a great day!
Old September 24th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #3
Sabra

Living with a registered sex offender in any state in the US.......or at least until Bush came to power was all you needed.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #4
TAJacobson

can't get ex-husband to let em see my daughter

My ex husband and his wife made the disision to not let me see or talk to my daughter ever again. They have changed there number to non puplished and have not done any of this and more with out going threw the court system at all. I have spoke with several attorneys and no one offers any help cause the problems also is i live in the state of washington they live in south dakota and our court order is from montana.
TAJacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Addie

Luckily family court orders are recognized by all states so that should have no bearing on your case TAJacobson. I don't know what was in that order but it sounds like there are pieces of this puzzle that are missing.

If your ex is doing things that aren't allowed by the court order, he is in contempt of court. Do you have a copy of the court order? Was he allowed to move out of state with your child? Do you have visitation?

You need to speak with a good family law attorney who can clear everything up. The state from which the order was issued has no bearing on your situation.
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #6
TAJacobson

I have spoke with several attorneys and they have all adivsed me that and monifications changes or anything need to go threw the courts. But there is nothing out there to help a single mom that makes fairly good money to get an attorney.
Quote:
Originally posted by Addie
Luckily family court orders are recognized by all states so that should have no bearing on your case TAJacobson. I don't know what was in that order but it sounds like there are pieces of this puzzle that are missing.

If your ex is doing things that aren't allowed by the court order, he is in contempt of court. Do you have a copy of the court order? Was he allowed to move out of state with your child? Do you have visitation?

You need to speak with a good family law attorney who can clear everything up. The state from which the order was issued has no bearing on your situation.
TAJacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #7
Addie

Of course modifications need to go through the courts; in essence, that's what I said. If your ex husband is acting outside of a court order he is in contempt of court and that order will be recognized by all states. What does his court order say?

You absolutely need a lawyer to guide you through the process. I don't know whether law enforcement in your husband's state needs to be contacted or whether an attorney in your state needs to bring in an attorney from his state, but it can be done. Why are all of the lawyers you're speaking with refusing to help?

If cost is an issue you need to contact your state's equivalent of legal aid. I realize you're saying that you make too much money to qualify but they usually have a sliding scale.

It's a rough spot to be in but if you keep calling around and stay tough, I'm sure you can find someone who will help you.
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote